The weekend wasn't an entire wash. Friday Amy & I checked out the new Drexel Gateway Theater and saw Shopgirl. The theater itself is pretty cool. Set up a BIT strange, being all on the second story, with very steeply inclined theaters for some serious stadium-seating. Brand new, so that means nice and clean. Seems to be sticking to their guns so far and showing more indie/art-film leaning stuff. Amy & I both enjoyed the movie. It was a nice little story, well acted by Claire Danes and Steve Martin both. It's got me wondering about the book now... I may have to add it to the list of "to reads".
Football-wise, OSU won, the Browns lost, and I split another fantasy week between my two leagues. With Priest Holmes out for the season in KC, what was looking like a very strong team in my one league has completely disintegrated. Trent Green netted me a whopping -6 pts this week. ROCKIN.
Gotta get going... some linkage:
- Time magazine considers our ineffable Governor Taft one of the worst sitting governors in the nation. Gotta love it. (Time article isn't online... the article on the five BEST sitting governors is here.)
- This guy raises some VERY interesting points... but at the same time, a lot of that reasoning comes across as really arrogant, and seems to be encouraging/egging on the hatred/fear of Islam already spreading through our country. And that really makes me nervous.
- Chuck Norris's tears cure cancer. (Thanks Gary)
- Check out #3 on the Private universities presidential pay on the right-hand sidebar. Good for him! If he's as awesome there as he was here, he deserves it.
- Japanese culture? Still crazy.