Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Stupid Cough

I wish my cough would go away. The damn cold I had back in the last week of December (which also happened to be our VACATION) is pretty much gone, but I've got this nagging cough that's driving me crazy. I don't WANT to have to do back to the doc, but we'll see.

Had a pretty good weekend. Hung out with Pat & Cindy for the first time in awhile, and played a couple different versions of the Scene It DVD trivia game, which was fun. Pat & I had two nice comeback wins. The Disney version of the game (as you might expect) is pretty damn easy, but the TV version is HARD! I mean, they include a pretty good mix of stuff, but no one (or hardly anyone at least) is going to be familiar with ALL that stuff - from soaps to sitcoms to cop dramas, etc...

Also saw The Producers with my parents. The reviews on it are all over the place, but I have to say it was great. I highly recommend it - Nathan Lane is hysterical, Mel Brooks's dialogue and lyrics are great, and Broderick, Thurman and Ferrell do good jobs as well. If you're totally not into musicals, you still won't like it, but I don't think this is really tied to the stage version for success in the same way that RENT was. It's not quite as innovative & blow-away good as Chicago, but definitely a great time.

I need to get back to work, so linkage: