Thursday, January 05, 2006

Tired, Sore, Happy

My back is hella sore this morning, and I'm pretty darn tired, but I'm still in a pretty good mood.

Texas beat USC for the national championship last night. That's quite possibly the best non-OSU college football game I've ever seen. It definintely lived up to the hype, and I'm SO glad that I don't have to hear about how unstoppable USC anymore (for now, at least).

Futurama may return, a la Family Guy. I'm STILL not a big Family Guy fan, but I'd LOVE to see Futurama make a comeback - that show is hysterical, and definitely deserving of a second life.

Looks like campus is getting a new "cereal restaurant" - this sounds pretty interesting. From the Lantern:

Cerealicious Café will open soon on the corner of 16th Avenue and High Street, said Jeff Coyle, part-owner of the café.

"Our slogan is 'What's in your bowl?'" Coyle said. "Basically, it's a mixture of cereal and toppings. Mix any cereal you want with any topping you want and it's going to taste incredible. Pick your favorite, then flavor it."

Upon ordering, the customer will watch employees of the restaurant put two scoops of cereal and one scoop of a topping of their choice, into a carryout container for them, Coyle said.

The customer will then have the choice to get skim, 2 percent, whole or soy milk for themselves, he said.

One of these three-scoop bowls costs $3.50, Coyle said.

Meghan Griesemer, a senior in English, is skeptical.

"It sounds like a cheap meal, but they have to have the cereal I like for me to go there," she said.

Coyle said Cerealicious Café will have 30 cereals to choose from, including favorites from four major brands: Kellogg's, Quaker Oats, Post and General Mills. It will also have 40 different kinds of toppings, including fresh fruit, freeze-dried fruit, cookies, candy and nuts.