Friday, June 09, 2006

Friday Yo

Can't complain about Friday. Got a pretty busy weekend ahead of us, though, so I expect going back to work on Monday is going to suck even more than usual. But that's how things go.

Best Of '06
Wednesday Amy & I hit up Shadowbox for Best of the Box 2006. It was, as you might expect, reeking of awesomeness. I typed up a pretty extensive review on their forums, so I won't really get into it here, other than to say that I definitely enjoyed it, and hopefully things work out so that we'll be able to go back again at least once before Freak Show rolls around.

Tropical Bistro
Tonight Amy, Laurie, Gary & I are going to try out Tropical Bistro, which is kind of a reincarnation of the Kahiki! Or "Kahiki Lite" as it were. We loved the Kahiki, and as with many folks, were very very sad when it closed back in '00. I'm still holding out hope that it'll come back with a full-blown fancy building and everything, instead of just in some strip mall, but with almost the same menu, drinks, several important staff, and a lot of decorations, I'll take what I can get. I'll let you know how it is...

Tomorrow: Cincy & the V-clan.
Sunday: Dayton for Alaina's b-day and hopefully to Casa Fish for game night afterward.
Monday: back to work...