Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

...every day, the 14th. Well, OK not really, but it's a song, you know? Yesterday was also Chris's b-day, which I of course completely forgot about, despite it being such an easily rememberable day. Yeah, I suck like that.

Amy & I had a phenomenal dinner last night at Morton's, which has definitely been our favorite of the anniversary steakhouse tour to date. The return trip didn't disappoint at all - I had an excellent Chicago-style bone-in ribeye, and Amy had the double-cut filet mignon, both excellent, excellent cuts o' meat. I also partook of the lobster bisque, some of Amy's chopped salad, and for sides we had broccoli and hashbrowns, the latter being especially tasty. For dessert, the hot chocolate cake, which was superb... though still a notch below Lindey's. It was a great time, and I'm really glad we got to enjoy it, since this was our last pre-parenthood V-Day. I think Amy's also trying to work in one last pre-parenthood trip to Glenlaurel as well, though the timing is pretty tight and I'm really not sure if it's going to work out.

I know I've linked Cute Overload before, but I just had to make special note of a post overthere today - this page has a good number of pics like the awesome one to the left -- fish-eye lens + puppy cuteness = the awesome.

I mean, how can you NOT look at that and say "awwww"?