Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mothers Day, TV

So this past weekend was Amy's first Mother's Day. As we've done the past few years, we hit up brunch at the Blackwell. It's kind of pricy, but they go all-out with one heck of an awesome spread, and we had a great time. I only wish I'd been able to eat even more - there were so many great options that I just couldn't fit it all in.

I've been following the various fall TV season announcements the networks have been making. So far I've seen at least bits & pieces of NBC, ABC, and CBS. It's hard to find a really comprehensive compilation of all the news about it out there so far -- times like this I really do miss the Entertainment Weekly subscription. Anyway, from what I've gathered, the following shows on my DVR are returning for next Fall:
  • LOST
  • CSI
  • House
  • NCIS (without Mark Harmon? This may get dropped)
  • Cold Case
  • Without A Trace
  • Numb3rs
  • Ghost Whisperer (this too may get dropped...)
  • My Name Is Earl
  • Doctor Who (assuming Sci-Fi picks up the 2nd BBC season which is already airing)
...yeah. Just looking at that is pretty scary. I watch WAY WAY too much television. 9.5 hours per week there. 24, I understand, HAS been renewed for three more years, but I assume as usual won't be coming back until January or so so that it can run uninterrupted. I haven't seen anything from FOX yet, so I'm only guessing about House, but how could it NOT be back? On top of those, I'm interested in the following new shows:
  • NBC: Heroes
  • NBC: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
  • ABC: Six Degrees
  • ABC: Day Break (mid-season mix with LOST)
  • ABC: The Nine
Should be interesting. I'm guessing that I'll have to find things in both lists to trim out as Evie takes up more and more of our time, and I'm sure some things in there will crap out anyway, so it should all even out. Besides, who needs that much TV anyway?