Thursday, July 14, 2005

Safari So Goody

Actually, I've been using Firefox and not Safari for quite some time now... but still, a pun is a pun is a pun.

Anyways, still enjoying Blogger/Blogspot as well, so that's good. I think it's safe to say that I'm a firm believer in the Cult of Google. With GMail, Blogger, Picasa, Google Earth ... it's all good stuff. I know they bought some of it rather than developing, but still - it shows me at least that they've got good taste in products.

The week's been going pretty well. Been busy at work, been slacking / addicted at home. Though over the past couple days my CoH addiction has fallen somewhat by the wayside in favor of Evil Genius. Not sure how long that will last, but for the time being I'm definitely enjoying the Evil Genius thing. It's very similar to Dungeon Keeper and DK2, which I loved - so that probably has at least something to do with it.

Last night was our Homeowner's Association meeting, where we elected three new trustees. (They happened to be the only folks running who showed up). Hopefully the new folks will have a little more time and be a lot more proactive in getting things done - maybe that will quench some of the bitching and leave other folks (such as me) more willing to help out. We'll see. I'm not quite sure they know what they're stepping into, but even the act of choosing new people is a good thing, since a lot of the anger (rightly or wrongly) was directed at the old folks.

Going to Shadowbox tonight, for our second (well second-and-a-half) take of Best Of '05. Randy and Heather are going with us, which is awesome, since I still haven't had a great chance to talk to Heather much. I tried to get Gary to go, but he sold us out for Clix. Go fig. The funny thing is I got a ticket deal offer for next Weds or Thurs as well - first ticket free, the rest $5. I wonder if I can talk Amy into going again so soon? Well, I'd only really want to if I could round up some other folks to go as well. I think on the third trip in, my embargo on large groups could be lifted...

I'm very sad that Cold Stone recalled Cake Batter ice cream (more detailed story). The odd thing is it's been out for a long time - I wonder why they just had the problems now? Maybe it was an isolated case? Hopefully they get it figured out. In the meantime, though, I do really dig the new Oatmeal Cookie Batter. Which is odd, since I don't like oatmeal cookies much at all. But still, it will serve as a good replacement, at least in the long run.

I'm also really jazzed to see the Rent movie. The trailer gets me giddy. Yes, giddy.