Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Tired & Awake Too Long

Ok, I've stayed awake much too late and need to be getting to bed.

That said, before I do I'll kill some time and throw a quick weekend recap and some links at you. Thursday for my birthday dinner we hit up The Ocean Club. It took much deliberation on my part, since I didn't feel like Fujiyama (mainly it didn't feel different enough since it hasn't been all that long since I went), but I finally picked OC, and was very happy with the results, as always. Our server was phenomenal as well, and made the night much more fun. She even hooked us up with a free dessert.

My memory is absolutely awful - I have to strain my brain to remember what I did three days ago. Yet I can remember all sorts of pointless trivia without any problem. Go fig.

Also this weekend (Saturday I think), Amy & I went and saw The Aristocrats at the Arena Grand. For those of you not familiar with it, it's a documentary about this one "special joke". It's extremely, extremely tasteless and will most likely offend most folks not very desensitized to that kind of stuff. I thought it was pretty well put together, and it was very interesting to see all the different versions of the joke. I think Gilbert Godfried or Billy the Mime were my favs. Amy really didn't enjoy it at all, and I feel pretty guilty for taking her... I guess I should've tried to prep her more for what to expect, or just skipped it altogether...

Sunday we went to the Greek Festival downtown with Laurie. It's a pretty good time. Not much different this year from last year - dancing was fun, but the same, food was tasty, but the same, cathedral was pretty, but the same... you get the idea. Tickets were only $4, but parking was pricey and the food wasn't cheap either. It may not end up being an every year thing for me...

I leave you with link central...